Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Clothed and in my Right Mind


I grew up COGIC (Church of God in Christ). Many churches have moved away from the practice, but back then, worship service included giving testimonies. Almost all the testimonies included the words, “I thank God for being clothed and in my right mind.” I said it as well for we learned the “format” for giving public testimonies during the service from the older Christians.
This morning, the Holy Spirit brought that phrase back to my remembrance along with a revelation of the significance of what I grew up saying by memorization—what those old warriors were trying to teach us by example.
See, it went deeper than having clothes to wear and sanity. It spoke to walking in spiritual freedom from the possession, oppression, suppression and influence of Satan and his cohorts. (Mark 5:1-15).
In this moment of time and current spiritual atmosphere, I’m glad I can say with conviction and understanding, I thank God that I’m clothed and in my right mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment