Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Step Outside Your Bubble

I admit I don't understand the angst about the vaccine.  I just don't get it...I really don't. 

Shots have been mandated in this country longer than I can remember for the purpose of protecting the people of this nation.  It's written into Florida's statutes.   

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=1000-1099/1003/Sections/1003.22.html 

Sunday evening, I ended up channel surfing trying to find Christian radio programming that wasn't talking about the vaccine.  An advertisement for legal counsel used a scripture that supposedly—it doesn’t—supports the right to reject the vaccine.  A preacher railed against the vaccine during his message. 

Me?  I surfed and frowned, asking the question, “Where is Christ in all of this?” 

Microchips, demonic transmission, DNA alterations...what utter nonsense! 

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:  The power of the pulpit should NOT be used to push a political candidate or agenda.  Some Christians view everything that comes from the pulpit as a Word from the Lord.  It should be, but sadly, it is not and folk are being bamboozled.  There will be an accounting one day for the self-serving things perpetrated in His name against His people. 

Please help me out here, but I don’t recall reading where Paul and John supported and organized an insurrection against the emperor because he wasn’t their desired ruler.

When Peter took up arms in the Garden of Gethsemane, did Jesus call down angels and rally the other disciples to join the battle?  

How did Jesus handle the taxation question?  Did He call for His disciples to disobey the laws of the land if they didn’t like them?  

Please understand I’m not against the Church.  I’m a part of the Church.  I am against cherry-picking the Word of God to justify ungodly actions.  I’m against folk living like there is salvation by exception.  I’m against wrapping personal and political agendas in “The Lord said…”   

See, things may be okay in your little Christian bubble, but I challenge you to step outside your bubble and take a look around.  Folk are being negatively impacted by the happenings in God’s House.  Faith has been shaken and there’s been a falling away.  

You and I are the only Bible some people will ever read.  Sadly, some are saying if that’s what it means to be a Christian, they want no part of it. 

God help us!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment