Saturday, August 27, 2022

It's not Fair!

It's not fair!

It's the current cry of many folk regarding the Federal government's latest rollout of student loan forgiveness. The majority of my acquaintances are Christians and those are the voices I hear. 

My response: I so wish somebody had done this earlier when I was struggling to pay back my 20K plus student loans and LIVE. I could have really used the help.

Remember those stimulus checks you thanked God for? We ALL helped build the Federal funds used for those payouts but some of us didn't receive a penny. Yet, you are crying foul when someone else receives assistance from the Federal government in a different form. 

Do I have to talk about churches that have become political tree stumps while enjoying tax-exempt status and Federal grants? Those Federal dollars are sourced by church members, folk who don't attend church, don't believe in God, believe in different doctrines, you, and me.

Is there REALLY a concern for equity  here?


No comments:

Post a Comment