Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Holiness is not Optional

Why is it that so many of the sermons preached today don't include a call for holiness? 

Holiness is not about makeup, jewelry, ankle length dresses, or the straightness of your hair. Don't get me wrong, inward holiness WILL BE reflected outwardly. 

Holiness is about being separated from sin, hating what God hates, loving what He loves, and living by and measuring everything by the standard of His Word.

Many scriptures call for holiness. Some folk live like they consider holiness to be optional...it is not.

1 Peter 1:16 KJV

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

The focus on give-to-get and feel good sermons--to keep the pews filled and dollars flowing--and less focus on the requirement of holiness has resulted in a Church where anything and everything goes. Some boldly and willfully live raggedy and sinful lives, declaring they're covered by grace. 

The Word says...

Hebrews 12:14 KJV

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

I don't care how deep or enlightened you think you are man made doctrines and declarations do NOT trump the Word of God. Period.

I was raised spiritually in the "Sanctified" church in my community. Holiness was not considered optional. It was taught as a biblical command. The more I see happening (and accepted) in the Church today, the more grateful I am for the sound biblical teaching I received as a babe in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment