Christian Nationalism - What Is It Really All About?

What is it really about? 🤔

Christian Nationalism ignores scripture as it tramples on folk in its fervor to "reclaim" America for God by making the religious beliefs of a subset of this Nation into laws that govern all of the Nation.

Here are just two of those scriptures that's inconvenient to their cause.

John 18:36 NKJV
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

John 14:2-3 NKJV 
2 In My Father’s house are many [a]mansions; if it were not so, [b]I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

The Lord never asked us to make this world His by force...forcing folk to right living and choices by making our religious beliefs and interpretation of scripture into laws.

He told us to let our light shine in this world. How do we do that? By being living, walking epistles of His Word here on earth. By walking out and living by His Word. Our words coupled with evidence of the truth of those words is compelling.

Listen, you can ram every one of your religious beliefs down someone's throat in the form of legislation but if their heart is not right with God, their soul will be lost. The only thing you would have succeeded in doing is making this world more comfortable and acceptable for...yourself and those like you.

If it's not about Him, what is it really about?  What's the true driving force behind it?

I'm living on this earth, preparing (obeying and living by His Word) to one day leave this earth and go where He is.

As I prepare myself, I lift Him up by acknowledging Him as being first in all my ways. I lift Him up in thanksgiving for He is my source. I lift Him up in praise and worship for there's no one greater and He deserves all the glory and honor. I lift Him up by telling others of His love, goodness, mercy, grace, and plans for our eternal future.

As I lift Him up, He will draw men...souls unto Him.

As one Pastor said, "This is not my home...I'm just traveling through." 

Just keepin' it real...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Spotlight - Vonda Skelton