Thursday, September 17, 2020

RAGE: It was a Near Thing

RAGE hit my audio book library today. So far, it's very interesting and educational.

Bob Woodward opens with the information already reported in the news media regarding COVID-19: What Trump knew, when he knew it and what he did...or didn't do. He moves on to Trump building his cabinet and then the conflict with North Korea. This is where I've placed my digital bookmark. I was wowed. I had absolutely no idea how close we had come to war with North Korea. Yeah, I saw the news reports about the insults Trump hurled at the North Korean leader and the threats. I didn't think it was wise, but it was "normal" behavior for our current leader. Behind the scenes, things were TENSE. The official given the responsibility of making the call to engage was a Christian and struggled with the weight of the very real possibility of being responsible for initiating the move that would result in millions of deaths. North Korea wasn't bluffing. They were ready to engage. We were positioned to respond. Every test missile North Korea launched was watched with readiness. We even performed some "warning" military maneuvers. Thinking back to when all of this was playing out, I'd just thought it was a lot of muscle flexing. It was so much more serious than that. Thank God for intervening in spite of...

No comments:

Post a Comment