Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Return


Lately, I feel like I’m always a step behind.  I kept seeing posts for The Return event.  It’s advertised as a movement calling for the return to God by coming before His presence in humility, sincere prayer and repentance.  It sounded great and in-step with my heart.  I take NOTHING at face value, so I started to research it to find out who was leading it and participating.  I found a YouTube video where a list of participants was rattled off.  I’d never heard of some of the folk, so I started to research each one of the names.

As I progressed down the list, my enthusiasm sank.  I looked up a few names and found they were a part of Trump’s evangelical advisory board.  Several.  I plowed on thinking this can’t be what I think it is.  Well…I’m SO disappointed for my heart is yearning for revival to ignite in this nation.   

I didn’t see one non-Trump supporter on the list I ran across. Have they been excluded, or did I miss the names?  Please tell me this event is apolitical and truly about God.  Please tell me this isn’t what it “smells” like:  A pro-Trump prayer rally to corral in the evangelicals who have slipped the leash crying, “ENOUGH!” Please tell me this is a REAL call for return back to God.

We all have pet peeves—those things that annoy the heck out of us.  One of mine is folk using the Word and God as a cover for pushing personal agendas and to justify their dirt.   That’s just wrong on so many levels and has led to cultism and the dark mess our nation is in today.

Oh God help us and send revival!




No comments:

Post a Comment