Tuesday, March 19, 2024

No Way!

There's no way you could have made me believe folk would be fighting tooth and nail to make a criminal, corrupt, and bigoted individual the leader of this Nation.

I would have thought you were under demonic influence and in error if you had told me Christians would also vigorously support this person. In addition, that they would worship him--or any man for that matter. NO WAY! Just no...

This is why I felt like I'd been blindsided during the 2020 election. I felt like I'd woken up from a deep sleep and my world had shifted into something unfamiliar, strange, and...dark.

Family ties and friendships were being severed, anger and hate hovered over this Nation like a cloud, folk (Christians, too) were committing murder with their tongues, Christians were calling their brothers/sisters-in-Christ demons and condemning them to Hell for daring to have different views and not falling in step, and nastiness had become the norm. How in the world did we get there? How did the Church become mired in such ugliness? When and how did cult mentality creep into the Church and become normalized? 

Now, I consume news. I watch electronic records of what's being said and by whom. I pay attention to what Christian friends and leaders are supporting and approving, and keep an eye on what's happening to the laws of this land.

It's troubling and most times, I wish I just DIDN'T know. BUT I refuse to fall asleep and wake up to an even worse situation, clueless (again) about how we got there. 

Sometimes, I get angry, disgusted, saddened, and frustrated by what I see and hear. But you know what? I have an assurance that whatever happens in this Nation, Toni's little space in it is going to be alright. 

Just keepin' it real...

No comments:

Post a Comment